I got this recipe off of the back of the Enjoy Life Brand chocolate chips! If you have been following this blog, you know that I love the products from Enjoy Life and recommend them for those who have food allergy issues.
I am not dairy free anymore so I changed the recipe slightly, here is my version below:
2/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/3 cup water
2 -1/4 cup all purpose GF flour (I used an almond blend from Gluten Free Mama)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 bag of Enjoy Chocolate Chips!
1. Preheat to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and add sugars, egg, vanilla and water.
3. Mix together flour and all other dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet and beat until combined.
5. Add chocolate chips!
I use a stainless steel scoop and dropped 9 cookies evenly spaced (2-3 inches apart) and I use parchment paper so I have less clean up.
Bake for about 8 mins and remove to cool on a cooling rack.
Final step- EAT THEM ALL!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Now I can’t take credit for this one, Food Babe is where I found this recipe and I have the link below. I did change it slightly when I made mine. The original can be found by clicking the link, the way I made mine is listed below. It’s so easy and everyone should try this!
Source- Click Here!
Almond Butter 1 cup
Peanut Butter 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil 4 tbsp
Maple Syrup 3-4 tbsp
Dark Chocolate 8 oz. chopped (separate into 2 portions)
1. Cream all ingredients together leaving 1 portion of chopped chocolate for the topping.
2. Pour into parchment lined 8×6 pan
3. Top with chopped chocolate
4. Freeze 2 hours
5. Remove from freezer- Cut into squares and eat!
6. Store left overs in freezer.
3-3.5 lb Grass-fed Boneless Rump Roast
1 qt of beef bone broth
3-4 large carrots
1 onion- if desired
7-8 small baby red potatoes
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup all purpose GF flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Add lard or expeller pressed coconut oil to your cast iron dutch oven and heat on stovetop. Medium heat.
3. Salt and pepper your roast on all sides, use an ample amount as much will fall off and end up in the broth.
4. Roll the roast in GF all purpose flour.
5. Add roast to hot oil and sear until brown on all sides. This takes about 10 mins. Add the crushed garlic while doing this.
6. Add the qt of broth and bay leaves, & onion, fill to mostly cover roast adding water if needed.
7. Cover with lid and place in the oven on middle rack.
8. Cook for 4 hours, fork meat to test tenderness. If fork entered meat easily, go to next step. If NOT – cook another hour and test again.
9. Add carrots and potatoes and cook for another 1-2 hours. Check after 1 hour and test “fork tenderness”.
10. When tender remove from oven and serve!
This is an old school pot roast so feel free to remove the potatoes and whip with some cream, white cheddar and garlic as well!