I just love Simply Organic cooking spices and seasonings! I use them pretty much on a daily basis in my home. I want to share with you one of my favorite products, the Jambalaya seasoning!
I live in the deep south, Baton Rouge, Louisiana where spice is king! But I am from the midwest, Missouri and Jambalaya was not on the menu growing up. When my husband and I moved here, he fell in love with the food. So I had to learn how to make some of these things of course. My Jambalaya is not even close to traditional New Orleans Jambalaya BUT it is very easy to make and quite delicious. I have my husband cook the meats on a charcoal grill outside 1-2 days before making this dish which simplifies it for me and saves time all around if we are already grilling for supper.
Heres how I make my Jambalaya. ( I also cook this in a cast iron dutch oven on the stove top! )
1.5 cups of organic long grain brown rice
1 qt of chicken bone broth ( Here’s how to make your own!)
1 cup of water
3 tbsp of grass fed butter
a sprinkle of salt
1 package of Simply Organic Jambalaya Seasoning
1 lb of pre- grilled smoked beef sausage ( make sure it is MSG and Nitrate Free!)
1 lb of pre- grilled boneless chicken thighs
1 cup of tomato juice or a tbsp of tomato paste cut with 1 cup of water
Cayenne or any hot pepper to taste- I do not need mine any spicier so I leave that to my Husband to make his as hot as he needs. He likes to use Ghost chile pepper.
1. Cook the brown rice with the bone broth, water, butter, and salt until tender. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover about 25-35 mins.
2. While the rice is cooking, cut up the meats into bite sized pieces.
3. When the rice is finished, add the Simply Organic Jambalaya Seasoning and tomato juice stirring until fully combined.
4. Stir in meat and cook for about 10 mins for the meat to heat through.
5. Serve with brown or navy beans and buttered bread, rolls or my favorite- Cornbread!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”