Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings
Cooked Chicken 1.5 cups (cubed)
Chicken Broth 2.5 cups
Mixed Vegetables 1 cup
Milk 1 cup, 1/3 cup separately
Cornstarch 3 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp (melted)
Bobs Red Mill GF Biscuit and Baking Mix 3/4 cup
Pepper and seasoning salt to taste
1. Heat chicken, broth, veggies, salt and pepper to boiling.
2. Mix cornstarch and 1 cup milk- add to boiling broth and wisk smooth.
3. In a small bowl mix dumpling ingredients together (baking mix, 1/3 cup milk, butter and egg)
4. Carefully drop dumpling dough into boiling broth by tablespoons. I like to use a stainless steel scoop from pampered chef.
5. Continue cooking uncovered on low heat for 10 mins.
6. COVER and cook another 15 mins and serve!
This serves 4 people so adjust accordingly!