Knowing what I know now, here is my ultimate shopping list for expectant mothers planning to breast feed.
1. Motherlove Nipple Butter
– I went through 4 jars of this in my first two weeks of nursing. Soothing, natural comfort for hurting nipples.
2. Lactation Cookie Ingredients
– Eat lots of these. Brewers yeast, oats and flax to boost milk. They are calorie dense and provide extra needed fat while building supply.
3. Therapearl ice/hot gel packs by lansinoh.
– felt so good when my breasts hurt and I had clogged ducts!
4. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Tea
– I drank 3-5 cups of this a day to help my fluid intake and boost my milk supply. Not my favorite flavor so add a little honey if you prefer.
5. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Book.
– This one is non- negotiable! You must have this book and read it. Every question that could come up, is answered in this book!
Buy from LLL!here
You may not need all of these things or you may depend on every single one like I did. I wish I would’ve been prepared instead of reacting to the situation as things happened. It’s better to have nipple butter on hand to soothe rather than wait until they are cracked as bleeding before running to the store to find some.
Nursing moms, if you are reading this…
What would make it onto your nursing shopping list?
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”