Hosea 14:1-7 KJV
1. O Israel return unto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.
2. Take with you words, and turn to the Lord say unto him, take away all iniquity and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
3. Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy.
4. I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
5. I will be at the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.
6. His branches shall spread and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
7. They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
This is an amazing passage in the bible. Sometimes it’s hard to live under Grace, many times I doubt the love of God and cannot see how he could love me.
But then I read this passage. A call to repentance (v1), a purge of self reliance (v2), and a total restoration (v4). God says, “I will love them freely”.
Amazing Love, it heals us and rescues us from our iniquity, from ourselves really. What Jesus has done allows us to be loved freely by God the Father.